The Virginia Wesleyan University United Methodist Collection, located in the Henry Clay Hofheimer II Library, functions as a repository for publications related to the history and workings of the United Methodist Church (to include Methodism in general, early Methodism, American Methodism, Virginia Conference, Baltimore Conference, Evangelical United Brethren Church [E. U. B.], etc.*). These materials provide a resource for United Methodist study and research in the southeastern Virginia community.
This special collection is in addition to circulating and reference United Methodist publications in the library.
*The Church has changed name as a result of various schisms and mergers. Names include: Methodist Episcopal Church; Methodist Episcopal Church, South; Methodist Church; and United Methodist Church (after the merger of the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1968). In 1939, the Methodist Protestant Church was part of a unification plan that became the Methodist Church. Today, the Church is known as the United Methodist Church.
If you would like to donate to Virginia Wesleyan’s United Methodist Collection, please contact the library at (757) 455-3224 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please select from the tabs at the top to browse the various types of Methodist resources available at Hofheimer Library.
Access to the Methodist Collection is available by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.