Hofheimer Library welcomes Virginia Wesleyan University Alumni Association members to use the resources of the library including borrowing books and audio visual materials, and consulting with librarians for research assistance as needed. Due to licensing agreements, library databases are not available for alumni use.
Non-VWU Library Guests
Limited access to library resources (as outlined below) is made available to the students, faculty, and staff of Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education (VTC) Institutions. VTC borrowing cards are obtained from the user's home institution. Also see circulation policies of consortium libraries.
- Virginia Wesleyan University Alumni Association Membership Card OR a current Virginia Tidewater Consortium card AND photo ID must be presented upon request.
- 6 book; three week loan period. Renewals allowed.
- 6 videos; 7 day loan. Renewals allowed.
- Leisure Reading Collection items may be checked out for 3 weeks and may be renewed.
- Books are subject to recall if needed by Virginia Wesleyan students, faculty or staff.
- Once, for an additional three weeks for books; 7 days for videos
- Renew in person with ID or call the Information Desk 455.3224. Renew Online. (See directions in the box to the right)
- Replacement cost plus $10.00 per item processing fee
- It is the policy of Hofheimer Library that the privacy of all users shall be respected in compliance with federal and state laws and professional standards.
- For examples of how this policy applies to specific services or programs, please refer to the Privacy Statement & Guidelines.