Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The purpose of this guide is to provide the directions and links for you to do the following:
- Discover how many times your work has been cited;
- Learn of interesting journal options when looking for a place to publish;
- Recognize issues to consider when doing cited reference searching.
The tabs above take you to pages addressing each of these issues as well as instructions on using the main databases available for cited reference searching.
We hope these links prove helpful.
Ask A Librarian
Contact a librarian at Hofheimer Library to schedule a research consultation to get started on your cited reference searching. We can help you:
- Identify the best databases for cited reference searching in your field.
- Learn to use a database to find out how often you've been cited.
- Discover the problems and pitfalls of the process.