Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Room Use
Use of library rooms shall be consistent with the educational mission of Virginia Wesleyan University and with the general nature of the Library.
General Room Use:
- Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- DUE TO COVID-19 Study Rooms are limited to a maximum capacity of 2 people per room. Faculty: please refer to Library Classrooms for maximum room capacities.
- Library rooms may be reserved for faculty meeting use and formal research studies by students.
- Reservations must be made ahead of time to ensure availability of room.
- Requestors should identify the need for a particular room, the date and the time. If the room can be made available, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the requestor.
Contact the Library Director with requests or questions.
Sue Erickson, email@example.com 757/455-3220
Personal items should not be left unattended. The library will report unattended backpacks and other bags to Campus Security who will pick up the items. Small items, such as notebooks, water bottles, etc. left unattended for more than 15 minutes will be placed in the library's Lost and Found at the Circulation Desk.
Room Use Policy
General Room Use:
DUE TO COVID-19, MASKS MUST BE WORN WHILE IN THE LIBRARY BUILDING.
- Room users are expected to follow all library policies in regard to noise and general use of library spaces and failing to do so may result in loss of room use privileges.
- Room temperature controls are established by Facilities Management and cannot be adjusted by library staff.
- Technology problems should be reported to IT: firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-524-5900
Food & Drink Policy
DUE TO COVID-19, NO FOOD WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY.
The following guidelines ensure that students will have a space conducive to research, learning and quiet study while protecting the materials, furnishings and equipment of the library.
- The library has a “No Fault” policy. Please report spills immediately so we can ensure that damaged equipment, materials, furniture or carpeting is properly treated and cleaned or repaired.
The library reserves the right to enforce and/or amend these policies as needed to ensure the safety and protection of the students, staff, building, materials and facilities. Thank you for your help and cooperation in making this policy a success.
Policy revision July 2020